One of the biggest misunderstandings about Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is that many business owners believe that this phone system is only ideal for big businesses. However, this is far from the truth!! VoIP is an ideal solution for small businesses and has many features they need to be taking advantage of.
VoIP works by allowing users to make and receive calls using the internet instead of a regular or analog phone line. (All analog lines are going to be discontinued in 2025)
Here are the top 8 benefits of VOIP for small businesses:
1. Exceptional Call Quality
Today’s VoIP phone services are now at a level whereby they have surpassed traditional landline in terms of call quality. When using a VoIP system, the person you’re calling or the person calling you can’t tell whether you’re using VoIP or a traditional landline.
VoIP systems by far surpass traditional phone systems with their level of standard features and functions e.g. instant messaging, presence information, teleconferencing, video conferencing, receiving voicemail and faxes via email, the list goes on….
VoIP’s multi-features like video conferencing allow you to keep in touch with employees to discuss important matters irrespective of where they are in the world. Through this modern communication system, your employees don’t necessarily have to be physically present in the office. They instead can work from home or work from abroad.
With VoIP, voicemail and faxes can be forwarded to your email. Through this system, you’ll receive your messages in one place – your email. This also allows you to archive or forward messages.
VoIP is much more secure than the traditional analog system. This modern phone system has standardized encryption protocols, making your calls and data secure – something that can’t be done on a regular telephone connection.
Where there is internet access, there is VoIP! VoIP allows you to make and receive calls from multiple devices (desktop, laptop, tablet etc), including your smartphone, ensuring that you can be contacted by customers or by colleagues wherever you are in the world.
It also allows you to transfer calls to your colleagues without requiring customers to call another number. This phone system also allows you to set your status to inform your colleagues whether you’re available to take calls. All of the features and functions you would expect whilst working in the office are available wherever you are.
5. Automated Assistance
With VoIP, answers to simple frequently asked questions can be programmed into your system to serve customers call after office hours. Holiday opening hours, regular opening hours and other important announcements can be programmed, providing your customers optimal service at all hours of the day and night. These are customised to your exact companies needs and can be altered very quickly and easily.
6. Call Recording Service
With VoIP, calls can be recorded, allowing you and your colleagues to play back important conversations, ensuring that important messages aren’t missed. With this modern phone system, you can also review call logs to determine what time of the day customers are calling the most, how long each call lasts and much more relevant information.
7. Increased Productivity
VoIP increases productivity by eliminating “phone tag” – a phenomenon that occurs when two people are trying to call each other by telephone but neither is able to get hold of the other. Phone tag only leads to increased customer frustration, reduced sales and inhibits small businesses the capacity to grow.
With VoIP, phone numbers can be programmed to ring on multiple devices before proceeding to voicemail. This reduces the likelihood of employees and customers experiencing phone tag.
Operating costs for VoIP are significantly lower than the traditional phone companies. Here are specific instances where your organisation can save money through VoIP:
- VoIP significantly cuts down domestic and international calls. A VoIP number, also known as a virtual number, isn’t connected to a physical landline telephone but appears to the person you’re calling or the person calling you to be so. For instance, customers and colleagues can call you at the local rate instead of the higher international rate as your virtual phone number appears to be within their local exchange even though it isn’t.
- Your organisation no longer has to maintain separate networks for data and phones.
- As VoIP allows you to take your office extension phone anywhere you go using a smartphone, this slashes your company’s mobile phone costs.
- Teleconferencing and video conferencing eliminate the need for employees who are on fieldwork to travel back to the office in order to attend a meeting or to discuss important matters with colleagues. Teleconferencing and video conferencing, therefore, can mean significant cut in travel cost, whether via company car or via plane. For virtual employees, teleconferencing and video conferencing also mean less cost related to recruiting, retraining and even office space.
- VoIP handsets are less expensive than traditional telephones.
At Hosted Technology we understand that not all companies have an IT specialist working for them and the thought of changing your phone system maybe slightly daunting. However, we will do all the hard work, so you don’t have to, saving you time and giving you the piece of mind needed.
What we do –
- Check your internet connection to make sure you have sufficient bandwidth.
- Assess your current system, the pros and cons, to identify the exact requirements for your new system.
- With your budget and service needs in mind, we narrow down market leading providers to see who can offer you the best service package.
- Support you in deciding if you require any new equipment e.g. desk phones or headsets.
- We are partners with all the top VoIP providers in the UK and are able to ensure that they provide you with the best possible pricing.
- We will design and build your telephony systems to your exact company requirements.
- Complete installation of all required hardware, and software setup.
- Training sessions for employees to learn new systems and in depth training sessions for the person who will manage the systems.
- Hosted Technology off all of their customers continued technical support so you never have to worry.
Call us today 020 7952 6666 to learn more about the benefits of VoIP for your business.